Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Unsettling settling

I haven't posted anything for the longest while. I have been lazy but i have been very busy. Really busy. Starting a new job, commuting to and back the new job, settling into the new job, house-hunting, moving into a new flat, buying furniture, moving into new offices, unpacking at home and at work....
In the next few weeks when i have an Internet connection at home I will be able to post the content of my Togolese notebooks and rectify the fairly bleak image i seemed to have painted of my time there.

In the mean time, being a London girl is no easy task:

In the train at peak time one morning, a handsome man dressed in a sharp grey suit, white shirt, grey tie, with a leather brief case. I'm already fantasising about our lavish life style in our £1 million property.
Ticket inspectors come aboard and ruin my imaginary romance:
Prince Charming didn't have a ticket and got fined.


Last week in the bus, sitting next to a dashing, no ring on his left hand, young man, reading!
My heart skipped a beat.
And another
He was reading Diametics: The Original Theory" by L.Ron Hubbard, founder of the Scientologist Church.
I do read Science-Fiction but I am not ready to make it my religion.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

tu ne m'as toujours pas donné ton numéro au boulot; si c'est un acte manqué, c'est ok, mes antennes sont momentanément repliées de toute façon.

8:41 pm  
Blogger Lead Events said...

Well did u think that he was maybe trying to educate himself? tsk tsk. What a miss opportunity.

2:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home